- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled
- ¾ cup sugar or date paste
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain yogurt or almond/coconut yogurt
- 6 oz. (1 ¼ cup) fresh Naturipe® blueberries
- ¼ cup flour
- ? cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the butter, and mix in using your fingers to rub the butter into the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Spoon avocado into a stand mixer and beat until almost smooth. Add sugar and beat until well blended.
- Add the egg, beating until completely combined. Add the vanilla and the yogurt and mix well.
- Put the flour mixture into a sifter and sift half of the mixture into the batter and mix until just combined. Sift in the remaining flour and mix until just blended. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, divide the batter among the 12 cups. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter in the 12 cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a wooden tester comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm with your favorite jam.
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 160; Total Fat 6 g (Sat 2.5g, Trans 0 g, Poly 0 g, Mono 2.5 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 250 mg; Potassium 140 mg; Total Carbohydrates 25 g; Dietary Fiber 1 g; Total Sugars 22 g; Protein 2 g; Vitamin A 152 (IU); Vitamin C 2.7 mg; Calcium 115 mg; Iron 0.5 mg; Vitamin D 5.7 (IU); Folate 23 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.04 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 10%; Iron 2%