- 1 cup cooked/drained garbanzo beans (*see note)
- 1 cup pumpkin (I used fresh)
- 1 cup packed kale leaves
- 4-5 fresh garlic cloves
- juice squeezes of 1/2 lemon
- 2-4 tbsp water from pot of boiled garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (cold processed)
- Place all ingredients (start off in small increments for the water) into a food processor and blend until all is smooth and combined. You may need to scrape down the sides periodically throughout the blending.
- Add more water as necessary to suit your texture preference.
NOTESI added extra water when I boiled my chickpeas (remember to try and soak ’em first for 12 hours!), so I saved/used the excess in the hummus. Plain water may alter the taste a bit but should work.