Total Time: 9 hrs. 15 min.
Prep Time: 9 hrs. 15 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 6 servings
4 cups raw almonds
filtered water for soaking almonds
8 cups Filtered water
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup raw almond butter
1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. rum extract (or to taste)**
1. Soak almonds overnight in water.
2. Rinse and drain soaked almonds.
3. Place soaked almonds and 6 cups of filtered water in blender or food processor (may need to do in 2 batches). Blend on highest speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Strain milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; discard solids.*
5. Place almond milk back into blender; add almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
6. Blend for 30 seconds; pour into large pitcher with cover.
7. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
1. *Solids can be dried out in the oven at a low temperature (225° F) and used as almond flour in baking recipes.
2. **You can hold off on the rum extract if you think the kids won’t like it, and then add a few drops to your individual glass of eggnog.
3. Vegan eggnog can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
Body Beast Portions (per serving)