Green Smoothie Recipes By Diabetics
- Handful of spinach
- 3 slices of cucumber
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
- 2 frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed
- 1/2 cup of blueberries(frozen or fresh)
- 3 tablespoon of organic rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao
- 6 ounces of unsweetened almond milk
Blast all the ingredients in a Nutri Bullet and enjoy! Makes around 8 to 10 ounces.
Calories: 343 | Fat: 12g | Protein: 13g | Carbs: 45g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 13% | Iron: 4.8mg | Vitamin A: 21% | Vitamin C: 41% |
I drink one green smoothie every morning. I have tested before having a green smoothie in the morning and then went to an exercise class, tested again, and it made blood sugar go into the normal range. Example: Morning blood sugar was 130, two or three hours later it was 95! Normal range!