For Cranberry Maple Syrup
- ½ cup fresh whole cranberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tbsp arrowroot mixed with ½ tbsp water (optional)
For Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Pamela’s – Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
For Cranberry Maple Syrup:
- Add cranberries and maple syrup to a small saucepan and simmer, covered on low heat until cranberries pop, about 5-8 minutes. Cover until ready to serve. Serve warm. *If you want a thicker syrup: mix ½ tbsp arrowroot and ½ tbsp water until combined. Whisk arrowroot mixture into syrup and simmer, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Cover and remove from heat.
For Pumpkin Pancakes:
- In a small bowl, mix non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes or until it curdles (makes vegan buttermilk).
- In a medium bowl, whisk pancake mix, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and buttermilk. Fold in dry ingredients. Stir until a thick batter forms, but do not over mix.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium to medium-high heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Cranberry Maple Syrup drizzled on top.
- Makes 10-12 pancakes